Lipper Leader System
The Lipper Leader system was designed to give mutual fund ratings based on the following criteria:
- Total Return - The fund provides superior total returns compared to other similar funds.
- Consistency of Return - The fund consistently provides good returns year-after-year compared to other funds in its group.
- Preservation - The fund has the ability to preserve assets in a variety of markets.
- Tax Efficiency - The fund is successful in postponing taxes compared to similar funds.
- Expense - The fund effectively manages its expenses compared to its peers.
The funds are given a rating of 1-5, for each of the above criteria, with 1 being the highest and 5 being the lowest.
As always though please remember that these ratings do NOT mean you are guaranteed any particular results.